Last Updated: October 12, 2023
California Residents – If you are a California resident, please refer to Section 11, Notice to California Residents, for supplemental information on how your personal information will be processed, and your rights related to your personal information.
1. Personal Information We Collect
When you submit an application or apply to be considered for the Content, we may collect certain personal information about you. The personal information we collect from you generally falls into three primary categories: information you voluntarily provide to us, information we collect from you automatically, and information we collect from third parties.
Information you voluntarily provide to us. We, or service providers that assist us in operationalizing our casting process, may collect the following types of personal information from you:
Forms. When you submit applications through our online forms, we may collect your name, alias, height, weight, date of birth, age, address, phone number, email address, hometown, emergency contact, education level and degree obtained, work experience, and other categories of information that may be specially related to the Content. If you are under the age of 18 (a “Minor”), a parent or legal guardian must submit the application on your behalf.
During Casting and Audition Process. During the casing process, we may also collect your name, alias, height, weight, date of birth, age, address, phone number, email address, hometown, emergency contact, education level and degree obtained, work experience, and other categories of information that may be specially related to the Content, and we may also collect your footage, photos, audition videos, personal descriptions, and other demographic information.
Your Correspondence and Feedback. We may collect information you provide when you contact us directly by phone, email or otherwise, or when you provide to us feedback, comments, or suggestions.
In certain circumstances, for example, if you submit an application to appear in certain Content, we may collect sensitive personal information (e.g., your sexual orientation, medical information, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, biometric data and criminal history). If we do not ask you to provide this information as part of the application process, please refrain from providing such information on the website or your application.
Information we collect automatically.
Usage Data. When you browse our Services, we may automatically collect log data such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, domain names, referring and exit pages and URLs, pages viewed and the order of these page views, the date and time you access our servers, and other diagnostic data.
Information from third parties. From time to time, we may obtain information about you from third-party sources, including:
Social Media Platforms and Networks. If you interact with us on social media in connection with our Content, we may collect information that you share with us, or that the social media platforms share with us. For more information about the privacy practices of those social media platforms, please review the privacy policies and settings of the social media platforms and networks that you use.
Casting Agencies. We may obtain information about you from casting agencies that we have a relationship with, or those who are authorized by you to submit applications on your behalf.
2. Use of Your Personal Information
ITV uses the information collected in connection with casting for any of the Content and the development, production, advertising and other exploitation of such Content. In addition, ITV may use such information to contact you about opportunities to appear or participate in Content, respond to your communications or requests, carry out background checks to the extent permitted by applicable law, or to share with third parties who provide services for ITV, like processing bills, creating Content or protecting the rights of ITV. In the event of a sale or transfer of assets, ITV reserves the right to transfer any information collected.
3. Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We will only share your personal information with others as described in this Policy. We may provide your personal information to companies that help us in operationalizing and improving our casting process.
We may share your personal information as describe below.
- Within Our Corporate Organization. We may share your personal information with ITV companies for the purposes described in section 2, above.
- With Content Production Teams. We may share your personal information with affiliated Content production companies, producers, and partners to the extent necessary to operate Content.
- With Service Providers. We may share your personal information with third-party service providers acting on our behalf or helping us operate the casting process. The services may include application intake, email and postal delivery, analytics, surveys and research. We contractually obligate our third-party service providers to protect your personal information.
- With Third-Party Partners. Some of the Content may be offered as part of co-branded events. Under circumstances, we may share your personal information with third-party partners working with us on co-branded events. Our partners use your personal information as described in their privacy policies.
- During Business Transaction or Other Asset Transfers. We may disclose and transfer information about you to buyers, service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners or other third parties in connection with the advisors, potential transactional partners or other third parties of a corporate transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company, or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets. By engaging with us, you understand and agree to our assignment or transfer of rights to your personal information.
- As Required by Law. We may access, preserve, and disclose information about you if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement requests and legal processes; comply with requests from auditors, examiners or other regulators; respond to your requests.
- With Your Consent. We may disclose your personal information for any purpose with your consent.
4. Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies
We and third parties on our behalf may employ various tracking technologies, such as cookies and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tracking Technologies”) to collect personal information automatically as you submit an application and/or apply or be considered for Content through our casting call websites and linked forms, to help us customize your experience and better manage content on our Sites, including to analyze our website traffic using an analytics package, and identify whether you are a returning applicant.
You have the right to decide whether to accept cookies. Suppose you do not want a third party to deploy cookies in your browser. In that case, you may exercise your preference by modifying your web browser setting to either (1) refuse some or all cookies or (2) notify you and ask for your permission when a website tries to set a cookie. If you want to learn the correct way to modify your browser settings, please use the “Help,” “Tools,” or “Edit” menu in your browser or review the instructions provided by your local browse. If you choose to disable cookies in your browser, you can still use our websites, although your ability to use some of the features may be affected.
Our websites and our third-party technology providers use third-party analytics services (such as Google Analytics) to evaluate your use of the websites, compile reports on activity, collect demographic data, analyze performance metrics, and collect and evaluate other information relating to the websites and Internet usage. For more information on how to opt-out of Google Analytics’ tracking, please click here.
Interest-Based Advertising. Many advertising companies that collect information for interest-based advertising are members of the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) or the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI), both of which maintain websites where people can opt out of interest-based advertising from their members. To opt-out of website interest-based advertising provided by each organization’s respective participating companies, visit the DAA’s opt-out portal available athttp://optout.aboutads.info/, or visit the NAI’s opt-out portal available at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1.
5. How We Protect Your Personal Information
Although no one can guarantee the complete safety of your personal information, ITV uses reasonable administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures to safeguard information in its possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification.
6. How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
We retain your personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, as required to satisfy any legal obligations, or as necessary to resolve disputes. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider applicable legal requirements, the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, and the purposes for which we process your personal information.
7. Your Rights and Choices
8. International Transfer
Any information that ITV collects will be processed by ITV in the United States where data protection and privacy regulations may not offer the same level of protection as in other parts of the world, such as the European Union or Great Britain. If you use or visit ITV websites or ITV or its contractor’s casting platforms from outside the United States, you do so with the understanding that your personal information will be processed in the United States.
9. Linked Services
10. Children Under 16
We restrict the use of our casting site to individuals 16 and above, and do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of 16 (“Minors”)without the prior consent of the child’s parent or guardian. The only personal information we knowingly collect about Minors is the information received from their parent or guardians, and is collected and used solely for the purpose, and only as needed, of enabling us to fulfill the casting services we offer to minors. No information should be submitted to us by individuals under 16 years of age.
At any time, you may review your child’s personal information maintained by us, require us to correct or delete the personal information, and/or refuse to permit us from further collecting or using your child’s information. You can review, change, or delete your child’s personal information by emailing us at [email protected]. To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to take certain steps or provide additional information to verify your identity before we provide any information or make corrections.
11. Notice to California Residents
To learn more about the purposes for which we use your personal information, please refer to section 2, Use of Your Personal Data, above.
To learn other parties with whom we may disclose your personal information for business purposes, please refer to section 3 Disclosure of Your Personal Information, above.
Categories of Personal Information Collected
Below describes the categories of personal information that we may collect from you.
- Identifiers, such as your first and last name, alias, postal address, email address, phone number or other similar identifiers.
- Other identifying information, such as height, weight, other physical characteristics or description, date of birth or signature.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation to the extent required due to the nature of certain Content.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as your search history, browsing history, web request, IP address, browser type, or pages viewed.
- Audio and Visual information, such as photographs, footage and videos that may be submitted by you in your application, or audio and visual information collected during the audition and casting process.
- Professional or employment-related information, including education history, work history, language skill, and any other information provided in your online application form, your CV, resume, and transcripts; your right to work documentation; references; any information provided during your audition; or background check information when permitted by applicable law.
- Inferences drawn from any of the information listed above, such as applicant profile or preferences, characteristics, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
For casting purposes, we may also collect the following personal information from you, which is considered “sensitive personal information” under California Privacy Laws: information regarding racial or ethnic origin, information that may be considered biometric information, such as photos or videos, religious or philosophical beliefs, union membership, information concerning your health, sex life or sexual orientation. We do not use or disclose sensitive personal information for purposes other than those specified in Section 7027(m) of the CCPA regulations, such as to consider your application for casting openings.
Your California Privacy Rights
As a California resident, subject to certain exceptions, you may be able to assert certain rights related to your personal information as identified below. Please note that your rights about your personal information are not absolute. We may deny your request: (a) when denial of the request is required or authorized by law; (b) when granting the request would have a negative impact on another’s privacy; (c) to protect our rights and properties; (d) where the request is frivolous or vexatious, or for other reasons.
- Right to Know. You have the right to obtain a copy, or a list of categories of the personal information that we hold about you, as well as other supplementary information, such as the purposes of processing, and the entities to whom we disclose your personal information.
- Right to Correct. You may have the right to correct your personal information in our files. You may request us to rectify, correct or update any of your personal information held by us that is inaccurate.
- Right to Delete. Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to request that we delete the personal information that we hold about you. This right is not absolute, and we may refuse your right to delete if there are compelling legitimate grounds for keeping your personal information, for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
- Right to Portability. Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to receive personal information we hold about you in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format so that you can provide that personal information to another entity.
- Right to Opt Out of Sale. You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information to third parties. “Sale” is the transfer of personal information to third parties in exchange for monetary or other valuable consideration, as defined under California Privacy Laws. We only share personal information with third parties to the extent you have submitted an application and such sharing is necessary to provides the casting services or you have consented to us sharing your personal information.
- Right to Limit Use of Sensitive Information. As we do not use or disclose sensitive personal information for purposes other than those specified and permitted in Section 7027(m) of the CCPA regulations, this right does not apply.
- Right to Object to Automated Decision-Making. You may have the right not to be subject to a decision that is based solely on automated processing (where a decision is taken about you using an electronic system without human involvement) which significantly impacts your rights. We do not make any decision which has a significant impact on you solely on the basis of automated decision making without human intervention.
- Right Against Discrimination. You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights described in this section. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights.
Exercising Your Rights
You may exercise your rights by contacting us at [email protected] with the subject link “Your California Privacy Rights.” In your request, please make clear which right you would like to exercise and provide your full name and email address. Before fulfilling your request, we are required by law to have you to verify the personal information we already have on file to confirm your identity. If we cannot verify your identity based on the information we have on file, we may request additional information from you, which we will only use to verify your identity, and for security or fraud-prevention purposes.
If you use an authorized agent to submit rights requests on your behalf, we will require you to directly verify your identity with us, or have you directly confirm with us that the authorized agent has been authorized to act on your behalf.
12. Contact Us